Saturday, July 01, 2006
The first post
Welcome.

Neomi is something that's been rattling around in my head. Some ideas, some thoughts that want to be shared. The idea for this blog, at least for now, is that its a place for a wee gen-xer to talk about the politics of the US, and to share ideas about the state of the world we live in. I don't feel like my generation talks about the political situation we find outself in. That said, I'm not going to pretend I know a whole lot about politics, or that I have it all figured out. I don't. We don't. And I can't say I like how things are going.

So on the outset of this blog, I want to at least share my thoughts. I don't believe in "conspiracy theories" and I won't really dive into those here. What I'd like to do is start to figure out where the country is headed, and where we can make a difference. "Knowledge is power," so this will be a forum to share knowledge as I am learning myself.

The first few ideas I have to share here, over the next few days, have spawned from my having more time to listen to podcasts, to read, and to reflect during my longer commute on public transportation. I've picked up some tidbits of knowledge and hope others might enjoy talking about the ideas.

So just some basics about me ... I'm mostly a democrat, living in Northern California. My academic background is in religious studies; while I am spiritual, I am not specifically religious. I am a project manager, and I work in the web development / advertising world. I like what I do, and mostly I am a happy person.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG