Sunday, September 07, 2008
Bridesmaid Chronicles

My friend Cris is getting married in October and she has asked me to be a bridesmaid. Of course I said yes! We have known each other since freshman year in college, which means ohhhh 18 years. Cris would come over to visit the girls who lived across the hall, and since we'd all lounge about with our doors open, she and I got to know each other too. After that we lived together (with 6 others) sophomore year, and we've remained friends ever since.

Cris has selected a fashionable palate for her wedding of brown, gold and green, which will be just lovely in fall. She was kind enough to allow the three bridesmaids the choice of what dresses we wanted to wear. As long as they are brown and match the swatch she gave us. So, mine is from David's Bridal and I'm sure it will be just fabulous (once it is altered for my 4'10" frame).

Stephanie and I met up today and got shoes ... they will be matching, even though that is not a requirement. We lucked out and both found ones that we loved. We also did some shopping for the shower we're having in a couple weeks. It should be great fun, and we have some exciting gifts planned. heehee.

Lastly, Cris did not want to have a formal bachelorette party. That's cool, but I think we've come up with an alternate plan that may be as fun (if not goofy) as any bachelorette party ever: The Golden Girls Party. There are four of us, and yes we each match to a "Girl." I won't admit which one I'll be, but in real life the actress was my same height. We're thinking a "formal" section for the dinner, and then a costume change to well, house coats for dessert. Complete with wigs and probably some of our favorite episodes. Awesome! And no, no stripper. No one needs to see "Stan" show up and dance. Honestly...

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG