Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Staycation for the Long Weekend
Over the long weekend, my family and I went to see the Chihuly at the de Young. Very cool stuff - really mesmerizing. It's amazing to see how he's incorporated Venetian glass blowing into different, modern styles.

We also went to the 49ers game (they lost) on Friday and scored some pretty cheap tickets on RazorGator, which is a ticket resale site I hadn't heard of before. Not that its a new science or anything, but they did a nice job of having tickets waiting under our name at will call.

Saturday we drove down the coast, and went to Bean Hollow State Beach. It's lovely, with free parking and nice views. Yelp says that it has great tide pools, too which is good to know for the future. I'll go back and be sure and check the tides. We also headed in to Pescadero to the very famous Duartes. I love the artichoke ravioli and the olallieberry pie. On the way home we listened to Garrison Keillor, which was amazing in that tongue-in-cheek kind of way, especially the "State Fair Hand Jive."

And finally, we went on a nice picnic in Golden Gate Park. The only tragedy happened when I managed to throw my dad's cell phone in my drink, and it promptly stopped working. I gave him an old cell phone of ours to take home, and we sure hope that his phone will dry out and work again.

All in all, a great "staycation." It was nice to see my parents, who'd come out from Kansas City.

Labels: , , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer2.JPG